Be sure to look for our Weekly Class News in your child's folder each Friday - all you need to know about BSLK (and more!) will be on the newsletter! In addition, a monthly calendar will be stapled inside your child's daily folder. REMINDER: our team color is the same as the daily folder.
February Family Valentine Project will come home.
Groundhog's Day, Jack Hartmann Concert, Valentine's Day, President's Day (no school), Spring Pictures, possibly begin Read Across America this month.
"STAR WORDS"/SIGHT WORDS SO FAR:
I, am, the little, to, a (earn orange rainbow piece)
have, is, we, my, like, he, for (earn yellow piece)
me, with, she, see, look, they, you, of (earn green piece)
are, that, do, go, here, from (earn blue piece)
New Words for February: one, two, three, four, five, go, here, from
LETTERS AND SOCIAL STUDIES/SCIENCE THEMES:
- possibly finish Winter Animals
- Uu & Underground Animals
- Vv & Valentines
- Ll & Love & Patriotism
- Dd & Dental Health & Dr. Seuss
- Hh & Space
- counting one-to-one (pointing to objects as we are counting them)
- Number Poems
- Addition: plus sign means to add, equal sign before the sum (answer), we are putting 2 or more groups together & ending up with a larger number
- FOCUS NUMBERS: refer to weekly Class News
BELOW ARE SOME VIDEOS WE ENJOY DURING THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY!!! HAVE FUN!