You will receive a phone call from me in July & a letter in August with details regarding our Meet & Greet as well as our Parent Orientation meeting. A supply list is included in your mailing. PLEASE BRING ALL OF YOUR CHILD'S SUPPLIES TO PARENT ORIENTATION and place them in his/her grocery sack. You are to bring your child to Meet & Greet. Parent Orientation is for adults only, please. It is extremely important you attend our Parent Orientation. I look forward to meeting you and your child! You can reach me by e-mail at: email@example.com
Special Classes will begin at the end of August: Guidance Counseling, Enrichment, Music, and Library. P.E. begins at the beginning of the school year!
Be sure to look for our Weekly Class News in your child's folder each Friday - all you need to know about BSLK (and more!) will be on the newsletter! In addition, a monthly calendar will be stapled inside your child's daily folder. REMINDER: our team color is the same as the daily folder.
This month, please work on your child's first Family Project: an All About Me Book (instructions given at Parent Orientation) this project will be the first entry in your child's Kindergarten Memory Book!
- PEACEMAKING, Rules, Procedures, The Kissing Hand, The Gingerbread Man, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, No, David!, Pete the Cat
- Colors (Color day schedule is given out at Parent Orientation)
- proper use of crayons/pencils/scissors/glue/markers (songs to help us remember how to use and take care of these important Kindergarten "tools"!)
- Begin Letter Introduction
"STAR WORD"/SIGHT WORD INTRODUCTION: I, am
- Shapes, AB Pattern, Sorting/Classifying, Graphs, early Calendar Concepts
- counting one-to-one (pointing to objects as we are counting them), positional terms
- begin with Number Poems
See Videos Below: I am super excited to be able to share a few videos with you that we enjoy singing in class! Have fun viewing these with your child!!! Youtube has LOTS of kid-friendly educational videos - just be sure to preview it before showing it to your child!