Be sure to look for our Weekly Class News in your child's folder each Friday - all you need to know about BSLK (and more!) will be on the newsletter! In addition, a monthly calendar will be stapled inside your child's daily folder. REMINDER: our team color is the same as the daily folder.
December Family Christmas Tree Project will come home.
Storytelling Festival this month in addition to a Christmas Party in our classroom. I will need parent volunteers to organize this please. Christmas Vacation begins after our party. PLEASE BRING YOUR CHILD'S VISOR TAG IF YOU ATTEND CLASS PARTIES/PROGRAMS DURING THE SCHOOL DAY.
"STAR WORDS"/SIGHT WORDS SO FAR:
I, am, the little, to, a (earn orange rainbow piece)
have, is, we, my, like, he, for (earn yellow piece)
New Words for December: see, look
LETTERS AND SOCIAL STUDIES/SCIENCE THEMES:
- Rr & Rudolph
- Cc & Christmas, candles, candy canes
- Ss & Santa, stockings, stars
- counting one-to-one (pointing to objects as we are counting them)
- Number Poems
- Identify & Describe 2D Shapes (circle, triangle, square, rectangle, hexagon) - a "fancy" word for corners is vertices (vertex is singular); describing words include flat sides, # of sides, curves/round sides. Identify 2D shapes around us.
- FOCUS NUMBERS: refer to weekly Class News
BELOW ARE SOME VIDEOS WE ENJOY DURING THE
MONTH OF DECEMBER!!! HAVE FUN!